A brand new special trailer for the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist films began streaming on the official website for the two films, Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Kanketsu-hen – Fukushūsha Scar (Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Avenger Scar) and Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Kanketsu-hen – Saigo no Rensei (Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Last Transmutation). These two upcoming sequel films are the first Netflix adaptations of Fullmetal Alchemist.
The trailer was released last Wednesday and features narration by Romi Park and Rie Kugimiya, the voice actresses for the main brothers in the anime, Edward and Alphonse Elric.
The original Fullmetal Alchemist author, Hiromu Arakawa, is illustrating the bonus content (to be detailed later) that filmgoers will receive.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Avenger Scar opens on May 20th and follows Edward’s fight with the character Scar. Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Last Transmutation opens on June 24th and depicts the story’s final battle.
The films will feature a returning cast from the first live-action movie. The films star Ryōsuke Yamada (Hey! Say! JUMP member and live-action Assassination Classroom‘s Nagisa) as Edward Elric, Atomu Mizuishi (from Garo – Makai no Hana and the Prince of Tennis 2nd Season musical) as Alphonse Elric (voice and motion capture), Tsubasa Honda (live-action Blue Spring Ride‘s Futaba) as Winry Rockbell, and Dean Fujioka (from the live-action adaptation of Happy Marriage!?) as Roy Mustang.
New cast members include the following:
- Mackenyu Arata as Scar
- Yuina Kuroshima as Lan Fan
- Keisuke Watanabe as Ling Yao
- Yuki Yamada as Solf J. Kimblee
- Hiroshi Tachi as King Bradley
- Kōji Yamamoto as Alex Louis Armstrong
- Chiaki Kuriyama as Olivier Mira Armstrong
- Seiyō Uchino as Van Hohenheim
- Yukie Nakama as Trisha Elric
- Jun Fubuki as Pinako Rockbell
- Naohito Fujiki as Yuriy Rockbell
- Kaoru Okunuki as Sarah Rockbell
- Kokoro Terada as Selim Bradley
- Long Meng Rou as May Chang
- Haruhi Ryо̄ga as Izumi Curtis
Other returning cast members include:
- Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye
- Kanata Hongou as Envy
- Ryuta Sato as Maes Hughes
- Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
Fumihiko Sori (live-action Ping Pong) is returning to direct both movies.
The films commemorate the 20th anniversary of Hiromu Arakawa’s original Fullmetal Alchemist manga. Theaters in Japan teased the project with the vengeance-scar.jp website and a visual featuring a live-action Scar.
Are you looking forward to the new Fullmetal Alchemist films? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter!